• If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act, what kind of god is this?!
• Was he pleased by what they did to Him?
If yes, so glad tidings for they since they achieved his pleasure!
• But if he was displeased with what they did to him, then this means that their power had subjugated his power!
• And, was the whole entity left without a God that answers the prayers?
• Were the heavens vacated, when He laid under the ground somewhere?
• Were all the worlds left without a God, to manage, while His hands were nailed?
• Why did not the angels help Him, when they heard him while he wailed?
• How could the rods (of the cross) stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened?
• How could the irons reached Him and had His body pinned?
• How could His enemies' hands reach Him and slap His rear?
• Then, was Christ revived by himself, or was the Reviver another god?
• What a sight it was, a grave that enclosed a god!
Stranger still is the belly that confined Him!
He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness, fed by blood!
Then he got out of the womb as a small baby,
Weak and gasping to be breast-fed!
• He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted,
Is this [what you call] a god?
• High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians,
All of them will be held accountable for their libels!
• O Cross-worshippers! For what reason is this exalted and blame [is cast upon those] who reject it?
• Is it not logical to break and burn the cross, along with the one who innovated it?
Since the Lord was crucified on it, and his hands were fastened to it?
• That is really a cursed cross to carry,
So discard it, do not kiss it!
• The Lord was abused on it, and you adore it?!
So it is clear that you are one of His enemies!
• If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds, so why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves since the grave contained your god in it?!
• So, Christ-worshipper, wake up!
This is his beginning and this is his end…
These questions were translated from an Arabic poem of Ibn al Qayyim.